Bangkok Journey Through Time (Half Day)
Joined Small Group: 2-8 persons
13.00 – 17.00 hrs (4 hrs.)
1,950.00 THB per person
Monday; Wednesday; Friday
* The living legend of Lakorn Chatri Thai dancer.
* The traditional art of making fragrant powder strings.
* The Thai eating culture and delicious snack.
Explore an old settlement of Bangkok, where the community has preserved their way of life, making it a rare find in modern-day Thailand. Visit a living legend of Lakorn Chatri the only living successor of this disappearing art. For this special trip, you will learn how to dance the Lakorn Chatri before it disappears. Then you will experience the traditional art of making fragrant powder strings and their value in Thai traditions.
13.00 Meet our guide you at Nang Lerng market. Greeting and introduction to Bangkok.
13.30 Walk the historic Nang Lerng community. Located in the heart of Bangkok, Nang Lerng is a hidden gem that offers a glimpse into the traditional Thai way of life. With its charming wooden houses and shophouses, narrow alleyways, and bustling market, Nang Lerng is a true reflection of Thailand’s rich cultural heritage.
14.30 Then witness the unique Lakorn Chatri, a traditional Thai dance, and learn how to dance with the living legend. Snacks from the local market will be served.
16.00 Experience the traditional art of making fragrant powder strings. Learn how to string fragrant powders together under the guidance of skilled artisans and create a beautiful garland to take home as a special souvenir. This unique and immersive activity offers a cultural insight into the significance of fragrant powder strings in Thai traditions.
17.00 End of tour at Nang Lerng community.
Bangkok Journey Through Time
by Tuk Tuk and Walking
Location: Bangkok’s New Palace area and Nang Lerng Community
The front gate of Nang Lerng market. (Pick up service not available)
Minimum Age: Minimum age to join our tour is 12 years.
Physical Challenge Level: 1 out of 5
1. Loose-fitting, breathable clothing that covers most of your body as we will be visiting temple.
2. Walking shoes easily to take off.
Tour Language: English
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the activity starts.
Why you should join us:
1. Enjoy in-depth information by professional graduated tour guide
2. Explore real local life with locals
3. Naturally friendly guides and staff
4. Align our tour with shared pathways to ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
Tour release: This tour starts to operate from 21 March 2023.
1. Drinking water and soft drink.
2. All entrance fees and activities.
3. Lunch at a local restaurant.
4. All transportation fees when occurs.
5. Well-educated English-speaking tour guide.
6. Accident Insurance.
Service not included:
1. Hotel pick up and drop off.
2. Tips for tour guide and local staff
3. VAT 7% and With Holding Tax 3%
Things to bring:
1. Bottle to refill drinking water.
Low Carbon Elements of Our Tours:
1. Minimise waste and single use plastic.
2. Walking to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Taking public transportation when appropriate.
4. Carbon footprint calculated using TGO Tourism PCR and offset by purchasing carbon credits from local projects.
The Carbon footprint produced during this tour is 7 kgCo2eq per person.