Culture and Food of Chinatown
In-Depth Walking Tour
Joined Small Group: 2-8 persons
Tuesday and Thursday
* Enjoy insider knowledge of Chinese people from your guide as you explore.
* Taste delicious street foods carefully selected from food vendors serving original taste and have been in the business longer than 30 years.
* Listen to the origin and story of each menu you taste.
While many traditional Chinese practices have been lost in modern-day China, you can still experience the richness of Chinese culture and tradition in Bangkok’s Chinatown. This unique neighbourhood is a hub of cultural preservation, where the ways of the past are still alive and well. Our tour will take you on a detailed exploration of these elements, as we stroll through the vibrant streets of this bustling area, immersing you in the sights, sounds, and flavours that make this part of the city truly captivating. You’ll have the opportunity to savour various delectable food items and learn about the history of the different groups of Chinese people residing in Chinatown, discovering dishes and locations you may not come across on your own.
08.30 Meet our guide at Hua Lamphong MRT station (BL28) Exit 1. Greeting and introduction to Bangkok and Chinatown.
09.00 Walk small roads and alleys to enjoy the story of Chinese people in Thailand. Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Gold Buddha image at Wat Tri Mit. Step back in time with a visit to one of the oldest coffee shops in Chinatown. Learn about the Mahayana Buddhism and admire the traditional architecture of a Chinese temple. Discover the teachings of Taoism, a foundation of Chinese ways of life and Confucianism. Immerse yourself in the unique ways of living and diverse cultures of the Chinatown area with a visit to a small local museum. Enjoy original delicious Chinese street food. Don’t miss this chance to explore the fascinating cultural and historical heritage of Chinatown in Bangkok.
12.30 End of tour at Wat Muangkon MRT Station (BL29).
Location: Bangkok’s Chinatown.
Meeting Point: Hua Lamphong MRT station (BL28) Exit 1.
Drop-Off Point: Wat Muangkon MRT Station (BL29).
Minimum Age: Minimum age to join our tour is 12 years.
Physical Challenge Level: 1 out of 5
1. Loose-fitting, breathable clothing that covers most of your body as we will be visiting temple.
2. Walking shoes easily to take off.
Tour Language: English
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the activity starts.
Why you should join us:
1. Enjoy in-depth information by professional graduated tour guide
2. Explore real local life with locals
3. Naturally friendly guides and staff
4. Align our tour with shared pathways to ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
Tour release: This tour starts to operate from 21 March 2023.
1. Drinking water and soft drink.
2. All entrance fees and activities.
3. Lunch at a local restaurant.
4. All transportation fees when occurs.
5. Well-educated English-speaking tour guide.
6. Accident Insurance.
Service not included:
1. Hotel pick up and drop off.
2. Tips for tour guide and local staff
3. VAT 7% and With Holding Tax 3%
Things to bring:
1. Bottle to refill drinking water.
Low Carbon Elements of Our Tours:
1. Minimise waste and single use plastic.
2. Walking to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Taking public transportation when appropriate.
4. Carbon footprint calculated using TGO Tourism PCR and offset by purchasing carbon credits from local projects.
The Carbon footprint produced during this tour is 7 kgCo2eq per person.