From the Heart of Bangkok Old Quarter to Chinatown
In-Depth Walking Tour
Small Group: 2-10 persons
16.00 – 20.00 hrs (4hrs)
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
* In depth history of foreign settlements in the old quarter of Bangkok to Chinatown area.
* Taste delicious street foods carefully selected from food vendors serving original taste and have been in the business longer than 30 years. Listen to the origin and story of each menu you taste.
Take a journey back in time to the early days of Bangkok and discover how foreign settlers came to occupy the area around the city walls. Through our historical tour, you’ll learn about the migration of different groups such as Chinese, Indian, Mon, Cambodia, Loas, and Vietnamese, and their occupations in the past and present including their beliefs, with a special focus on Indian and Chinese communities. Explore the early entertainment centres of Bangkok and gain an understanding of the philosophy behind the creation of Thai temples and the relationships between communities and temples. Finally, head over to Chinatown to taste the delicious street food and sample dishes from various vendors. Experience the history and culture of one of Bangkok’s most colourful neighbourhoods on this unforgettable journey!
16.00 Meet our guide at Sanam Chai MRT station (BL31) Exit 1. Greeting and introduction to Bangkok.
16.30 Walk small roads and alleys to enjoy the story and cultures of Chinese, Indian, Mon, Cambodia, Loas, and Vietnamese settlements with the focus on Chinese and Indian. Your expert guide will provide insights into the history, culture, economic and social factors that led to the development of different communities, as well as the challenges and triumphs that its residents faced over the years while walking through their neighbourhoods. Visit to a Thai Buddhist temple and arrive at Chinatown. You’ll also have the opportunity to sample some of the amazing food and drink that makes Chinatown a foodie’s paradise.
20.00 End of tour at Wat Muangkon MRT Station (BL29).
Location: Bangkok’s old quarter and Chinatown
Meeting Point: Sanam Chai MRT station (BL31) Exit 1.
Drop-Off Point: Wat Muangkon MRT Station (BL29).
Minimum Age: Minimum age to join our tour is 12 years.
Physical Challenge Level: 1 out of 5
1. Loose-fitting, breathable clothing that covers most of your body as we will be visiting temple.
2. Walking shoes easily to take off.
Tour Language: English
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the activity starts.
Why you should join us:
1. Enjoy in-depth information by professional graduated tour guide
2. Explore real local life with locals
3. Naturally friendly guides and staff
4. Align our tour with shared pathways to ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
Tour release: This tour starts to operate from 21 March 2023.
1. Drinking water and soft drink.
2. All entrance fees and activities.
3. Lunch at a local restaurant.
4. All transportation fees when occurs.
5. Well-educated English-speaking tour guide.
6. Accident Insurance.
Service not included:
1. Hotel pick up and drop off.
2. Tips for tour guide and local staff
3. VAT 7% and With Holding Tax 3%
Things to bring:
1. Bottle to refill drinking water.
Low Carbon Elements of Our Tours:
1. Minimise waste and single use plastic.
2. Walking to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Taking public transportation when appropriate.
4. Carbon footprint calculated using TGO Tourism PCR and offset by purchasing carbon credits from local projects.
The Carbon footprint produced during this tour is 7 kgCo2eq per person.