Grand Palace and Bangkok Street Food
Indepth Walking Tour
Joined Small Group: 2-10 persons
13.00 – 18.00 hrs. (5 hrs.)
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
* Temple of Emerald Buddha
* The Grand Palace
* Khon performance
* Bangkok Street Food
* The magnificent of Thai temple art.
* Experience local transportation.
The Grand Palace was home to Thailand’s royal family and administrative centre of the country for more than 100 years. Located in the Grand Palace is also the most important temple in the country, the Temple of Emerald Buddha. In this tour, we will take you back in time to the glorious days of the Grand Palace to understand its unique customs, digging into functionalities of each building as well as fun stories of important past events happened here. We will decipher the meaning of art and architecture to understand the philosophies and politics behind their existence. Enjoy Khon, the traditional Thai mask dance and then walk through the backstreets and alleys of Bangkok’s Chinatown to small street vendors that have been serving hungry locals for many decades. This tour not only offers delicious food tasting but also the history, the origin of the menu and importantly our eating culture. We selected only the best for you. You will taste xx during the trip from starters, savoury dishes, and sweets. You will discover the real food of Bangkok in places you may not find if on your own.
13.00 Meet our guide at Sanamchai MRT Station Exit 1 in front of Museum Siam. Briefing and introduction to Bangkok history.
13.30 Visit the Emerald Buddha Temple and the Grand Palace. Enjoy the stunning mural paintings of Ramakien, which depict scenes from the Thai epic.
Explore the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and see the revered Emerald Buddha statue, which is considered the most sacred Buddha image in Thailand.
The guide will explain the history and significance of the statue. Visit the different buildings of the Grand Palace complex, including the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall, the Dusit Maha Prasat Throne Hall, and the Amarin Winitchai Hall. The guide will explain the architectural features and the historical importance of each building.
15.45 Take a tram to the royal theatre and enjoy traditional Thai performance and Khon the masked dance.
16.30 Walk small roads and alleys to enjoy Bangkok street food and listen to history of Thai food then try different menu options.
16.30 End of Tour
Location: Bangkok’s old quarter and chinatown.
Meeting Point is at of Museum Siam,
Sanam Chai MRT Station (BL31) Exit 1
Minimum Age: Minimum age to join our tour is 12 years.
Physical Challenge Level: 1 out of 5
1. Loose-fitting, breathable clothing that covers most of your body as we will be visiting temple.
2. Walking shoes easily to take off.
Tour Language: English
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the activity starts.
Why you should join us:
1. Enjoy in-depth information by professional graduated tour guide
2. Explore real local life with locals
3. Naturally friendly guides and staff
4. Align our tour with shared pathways to ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
1. Drinking water and soft drink.
2. All entrance fees and activities.
3. Lunch at a local restaurant.
4. All transportation fees when occurs.
5. Well-educated English-speaking tour guide.
6. Accident Insurance.
Service not included:
1. Hotel pick up and drop off.
2. Tips for tour guide and local staff
3. VAT 7% and With Holding Tax 3%
Things to bring:
1. Bottle to refill drinking water.
Low Carbon Elements of Our Tours:
1. Minimise waste and single use plastic.
2. Walking to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Taking public transportation when appropriate.
4. Carbon footprint calculated using TGO Tourism PCR and offset by purchasing carbon credits from local projects.
The Carbon footprint produced during this tour is 7 kgCo2eq per person.